As a ThinkPad X201 user, I was more than happy to check out new X220 model. At the first sitght it is still ThinkPad X-series. Similar size, feeling, quality. I am comparing my good-old X201 with this model 287-2SG.
- The lid has no lock. Frankly, I found it annoying and didnt like it ever on all my ThinkPads.
- Thank God the keyboard layout is standard with only few changes - bigger Escape key. Happy Vimmer.
- Bigger Power button, smaller ThinkVantage button.
- Much larger touchpad with macintosh-like "hidden" buttons. Even when I exclusively use trackpoint, it is very nice.
- Quite silent fan under load, feels better.
- Very fast BIOS, dunno what kind of technology is this, but few seconds saved everyday.
- VGA and Display Port on the left side. At last!
- Yeah, it has some faster components inside. And yeah, I dont really see any difference.
- Display is not bad, but I was expecting a bit more from 12.5" IPS LED (1366x768). Standard angles.
- I dont like bigger Delete key since Insert was moved to the left. Can live with it.
- Power cord plug on the back side. I like it on the left more. Not a blocker.
- Ethernet plug on the right side. Guys, most people are right-handed and ethernet cables are hard. Dont like it on this side.
- USB ports swapped (two on the left and one on the right now).
- Mic port is gone. Probably combined into the headphones. I am not sure how to connect my headphones and mic there.
- Damn, incompatible UltraBay dock again! It has one more USB port, but this really sucks. Money, money, money...